The artistic choral music for children of Myron Datsko
The article highlights aspects of children's choral work by M. Danish. Choral education is at the forefront of promoting children's creative initiative; strengthening of personality values; the formation of musical culture. M. Datsk's choir is a kind of mirror that reflects the general processes and patterns of development of modern Ukrainian choral art for children. Choral works of the composer are firmly entrenched in contemporary performing practice and concert life in Lviv. They form the basis of today's children's choral repertoire. However, with obvious demand for performing practice, they have not yet become the subject of special musicological research. This fact determines the relevance of the appeal to this topic and the need for scientific understanding of this layer of modern choral music for children. The signs of the artistic world of the composer's choral music images are established. Studying the choral work for the children of M.Datsk made it possible to outline the peculiar directions of it, including: secular and spiritual works on poems of Ukrainian poets and clergy; works on canonical texts; choirs inspired by Ukrainian song. The choral work is regarded as a complete multilevel system, where the linguistic component is realized through the expressive-visual possibilities of the choral sound; the plot techniques generate artistic meaning, and the compositional ones generate the layout of the material. Understanding this issue brings you closer to understanding the connection: the energy of the artist is the energy of the text he creates. And the brighter the artistic world of the works, the more natural and the emotional states expressed in them, the more adequate the perception of the performers and listeners.
It is noted that choral works for children are illustrative not only as an example of M. Danish's individual style, but also as a testimony to the creative achievements of the Ukrainian composing school in the 21st century. Thus, the artistic world of M.Datsk's choral music was considered as the basis for the national revival inherent in the Ukrainian culture of the turn of the millennium.
2. Datsko, M. (2002). Lullaby for the little sister. Vocal loop on the words of Fr. VB Mendrun, OSBM [Kolyskova dlia sestrychky. vokal'nyj tsykl na slova o. V. B. Mendrunia, ChSVV]. Zhovkva: Misioner. 22 p. [in Ukrainian]
3. Datsko, M. (1996). Works for children's choir [Tvory dlia dytiachoho khoru]. L'viv: Metodychnyj kabinet navchal'nykh zakladiv mystetstva ta kul'tury. 58 p. [in Ukrainian]
4. Sbitnieva, L. (2016). Musical and pedagogical activity of Ukrainian composers in the early twentieth century. Personality spirituality: methodology, theory and practice [Muzychno-pedahohichna diial'nist' ukrains'kykh kompozytoriv na pochatku KhKh stolittia. Dukhovnist' osobystosti: metodolohiia, teoriia i praktyka]. Kyiv. Vyp. 6., P. 203–210. [in Ukrainian].
5. Fediura, S. (2013). Choral performance at the present stage. Psychological and pedagogical sciences [Khorove vykonavstvo na suchasnomu etapi]. Psychological and pedagogical sciences, Number 1[Psykholoho-pedahohichni nauky № 1.]. Nizhyn. № 1., P. 71–74. [in Ukrainian].
6. Cherkashyna-Hubarenko, M. (2008). Ukrainian Music Today: Fragments and Comments. Problems of interaction between art, pedagogy and theory and practice of education. [Ukrains'ka muzyka s'ohodni: frahmenty ta komentari. Problemy vzaiemodii mystetstva, pedahohiky ta teorii i praktyky osvity] Collection of scientific works. Aspects of historical musicology, Number 22. [Aspekty istorychnoho muzykoznavstva]. Kharkiv. Vyp. 22., P. 159–168. [in Ukrainian].